Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I done got a tattoo!

As the title already told you I got a tattoo! I got it back in December 2014 while I was in Hawaii with my family over Christmas. It was a Christmas/Birthday present from my parents and it was a pretty awesome experience. The guys working in the tattoo parlor were great, and I even got to talking about music with the guy doing my tattoo. Ok enough about the very short story, now on to what it is.

Design: The design itself is from the album art of a band called Demon Hunter, specifically from their album True Defiance. It is a cross with a sash, as well at a T and D standing for True Defiance. I decided to go with the jagged look because... well because it looked cool.

What it means: For me it means a couple different things, but I am just going to focus on the main one. The main reason I got this particular tattoo is to help remind me to be defiant of the world. As a Christian I am called to be different, I am called to be defiant to the things of the world. To thrown some "Christianese" in there, I am called to be "In the world, but not of it.". The main Bible verse that this theme is derived from is Romans 12:2a  "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.". There are a few more personal reasons, maybe I will dive into those at some later time, but that was the main reason.

Placement: "Why not get it on your shoulder, where you could cover it up better?" - My Mom. 

The reason I got it on my forearm is because I don't want to cover it up, I want to boldly show it. It is constantly in my line of sight so that I am constantly reminded that I am to stand up for what I believe and what God expects of me, and not cave in to what the world wants and expects from me.


So yeah, thats it. I have a tattoo that I absolutely love. Have I gotten some flack for it, yes. Do I care... I probably should care a little more than I do but oh well. Big shout out to my parents for the awesome experience. And yes, at some point I do plan on getting more (I am actually working on designing two right now, but who knows when I would be able to get the larger one, but the smaller one should be within a year or so, but more on that later.)

1 comment:

Your Labor Is Not In Vain

“Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is n...